Yangmal Game : Learn Korean While Playing
Yangmal Game(양말장난) is a fast-paced game where players compete by making, stealing, and combining Korean words from each other to win.
Each Yangmal game set includes 126 pieces made from cherry wood, a carrying pouch, and stickers that look great on your Korean studies notebook.
Designed and produced in Seoul, Korea.
How to Play
Place all game pieces (한글 character facing down) on a flat surface. In clockwise order, each player flips over a game piece to reveal the 한글 character.
Whenever a player makes, steals, or combines a word (see below), that player flips the next game piece and the clockwise order rotation restarts from that player’s position.
The game ends when all game pieces have been flipped over to reveal their 한글 character, and all players are finished making, stealing, or combining words.
Players then count the number of game pieces in their position, and the player with the most game pieces wins.
Whenever a noun can be made with flipped over game pieces, any player may call out the word and place the word in their player position.
Players may “steal” words at any time. Example scenario:
1. Player 1 has “선물” (gift) in their player position
2. Any player may call out “설문” (survey), a rearranged version of 선물, and move the word to their position
3. Tip: to prevent a word from being stolen, Player 1 could call out “선물,” “설문,” or any other permutation of those letters anytime during gameplay
Players may “combine” words at any time. Example scenario:
1. Player 1 has “소” (cow)
2. Player 2 has “년” (year)
3. Any player may call out “소년” (boy) to combine words from Players 1/2 into “소년”
4. Note: players must use every letter when combining words
Get more details on the link below.