Definition of Han Tea
Oriental Han Teas are beverages made from herbs utilized in traditional Korean medicine, also known as Korean medicine. Primarily employed for health promotion, disease prevention, and treatment, these teas are crafted by blending various herbs and ingredients. There is a diverse array of Han Teas, each boasting specific efficacy or characteristics.
For instance, ginseng tea aids in recovering from fatigue and bolstering immunity, while jujube tea stimulates digestion and blood circulation. Additionally, red ginseng tea contributes to physical strength enhancement and stress relief.
Given the varied herbs and ingredients in oriental medicine tea, its efficacy varies. However, seeking professional advice is crucial when using it for treating specific ailments. Moreover, caution should be exercised based on an individual's physical condition or allergies.
History of Han Teas
The history of Han Teas is intricately connected to traditional Korean medicine, dating back thousands of years.
• Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392): Han Tea's roots can be traced to the Goryeo Dynasty. As herbal medicine flourished, tea production incorporated diverse herbs and plants, with ginseng, dates, and ginger being prominent ingredients.
• Joseon Dynasty (1392-1897): The Joseon Dynasty witnessed further developments in oriental medicine, solidifying methods and practices for making oriental medicine tea. Notably, the medical book Donguibogam recorded various efficacy and tea-making methods.
• Modern Era: Traditional herbal medicine and teas faced challenges during the Japanese occupation and the Korean War. However, in recent years, with renewed interest in traditional medicine, Han Teas have regained attention. Presently, the market offers a wide range of teas, blending traditional and modern elements. Ongoing studies explore the positive health effects of Han Teas, combining insights from traditional and contemporary research.
Characteristics of Han Teas
Oriental Han Teas, crafted from a diverse range of herbs and vegetable ingredients, each exhibit unique characteristics attributed to their ingredients and efficacy. The key characteristics include:
• Health Promotion and Prevention: Many Han Teas contribute to improving health and preventing diseases. For example, ginseng tea enhances physical strength and immunity, while jujube tea promotes digestion and blood circulation.
• Constitution Improvement: Oriental Han Teas can be tailored to specific constitutions based on oriental medicine's constitution theory. Recommended variations differ for each constitution, aiding in constitution improvement and balance.
• Immune Enhancement: Numerous Han Teas strengthen immunity, with red ginseng and citrus teas standing out for their immune-boosting properties and stamina enhancement.
• Digestion Promotion: Certain Han Teas aid digestion and enhance gastrointestinal function, such as Yulmu tea or jujube tea.
• Stress Reduction: Teas like red ginseng tea help alleviate stress and combat physical and mental fatigue.
• Diversity of Taste and Scent: Han Teas, with their various herbs and ingredients, offer diverse tastes and scents, providing an enjoyable experience.
Traditionally, Han Teas have been consumed for maintaining and fortifying health. However, caution is advised based on individual conditions or peculiarities, and seeking expert advice is essential for treating diseases.
Discover the Health and Wellness Benefits of Oriental Han Teas and their Time-Honored Roots
Enter your details below to save your shopping cart for later. And, who knows, maybe we will even send you a sweet discount code :)