Once you have learned some basic words and grammar finding a language exchange friend is a great idea. While it is a bit scary to speak with a native speaker, it is one of the best ways to learn Korean.
When I was first starting to speak in Korean I found it helpful to select a speaking topic beforehand. I would then write a small script of what I wanted to say, looking up any words I didn’t know in a dictionary. Overtime I no longer needed the script and it became easier to speak.
Also, learning some simple phrases and learning how to ask questions will help a lot too!
- “Please speak slowly.” (천천히 말해주세요),
- “Please say that again.” (다시 한번 말해주세요),
- “What is this?” (이거 뭐예요?)
- “What is ____ in Korean?” ( ____ 한국말로 뭐예요?)
- “Where is ____ ?” ( ____ 어디예요?)
I hope this helps you get started! 화이팅!
Please login or Register to submit your answer